Origin & Causes of Varnish:
- Varnish is the accumulation of oil oxidation and degradation compounds on machine surfaces or components. It has many possible root causes, including; high temperatures, electrostatic discharge, lubricant degradation and microdieseling.
- Initially, varnish is hard to diagnose as it is 100% dissolved in oil. Once varnish reaches a saturation point, impurities begin to accumulate on metal surfaces due to their polar nature.
- Over time, varnish can case many issue that reduce system performance including valve stiction, lubricant flow restriction, reduce heat rejection and clogged filters.
- The solubility of oil is directly related to oil temperature; warmer oil will hold more polar molecules in solution. Both varnish products and water are polar molecules.
- The VR series filter cools oil to below 20C, to shift polar substances from solution to suspension.
- The molecules are then passed through 114mm of polar, cellulose media, which attracts the varnish contamination and absorbs the water molecules.
Download VR Series Brochure
- VR SERIES, Triple R Filtration Australia, Custom Solution.
- Remove 99% of solid particles, absorb water, eliminate sludge, varnish, soot, carbon and other oil oxidation products.
- Stand alone system can operate independent of main system.
- Integrated 9kW chiller.
- Counter flow heat exchanger to reduce temperature differential in operating fluid.
- Accessories and Options available.
- Increase Hydraulic Component and oil life through optimised oil conditioning.
- Reduce operating cost by reducing oil consumption, and waste oil while extending full flow filter life.
- Reduce machine downtime by allowing safe element change while system is operating.
- Increase oil life by up to 40,000 hours.
- Simple installation and servicing procedure.
- Increase full flow filter life.
- Agricultural Machinery & Road Transportation
- Automotive & Special Production Machinery
- Aviation, Aerospace & Military
- Construction & Tunnelling Machinery
- Electric Power, Diesel & Wind Turbine Generators
- Marine, Offshore & Container Handling
- Mining & Minerals Processing
- Paper, Pulp & Timber
- Petro Chemical
- Plastics, Presses & Extrusion Machinery
- Railway/Locomotive & Heavy Handling
- Steel & Primary Metals