This company is one of the largest manufacturers of Refuse Collection Vehicles and was looking for ways to improve their finished product. One of the areas of improvement they wanted to target was reliability.
Dirty hydraulic oil impacts reliability in many ways:
- Increased wear and tear
- Costly repairs & increased downtime
- Reduced efficiency & higher costs
- Increased warranty claims
Oil is the lifeblood of any machine, so keep it clean!
Backed by over 50 years of expertise, Triple R’s innovative approach allowed them to achieve substantial reductions in contamination levels.
As the industry leader in hydraulic oil cleaning, Triple R recommended:
- The BU50 housing installed directly onto a working line
- M-Series elements to keep the trucks oil cleaner than new
- Sample hydraulic oil annually to determine when to change
A trial was done on two identical garbage trucks operating on similar routes and environments. Hydraulic oil samples were taken once every month for 3 months to monitor its condition.
Contamination was reduces by 95%!
The results showed that by installing Triple R bypass oil cleaning technology:
- Sludge was reduced by 100%
- Without Triple R: ISO 21/18/5
- With Triple R: ISO 16/13/9
It was determined that there is no need for a costly hydraulic oil change and that the oil life was extended to 5000 hours.
Triple R is a total oil cleaning solution that has been delivering innovative oil cleaning technology for over 50 years. We pioneered ‘total cleaning’ of industrial hydraulic and lube oil, guaranteeing oil purity and reducing environmental impact. Our scalable filtration systems can be customised to fit specific requirements worldwide, backed by 24/7 customer and distributor support.